The Mindy Project
I am not lame.
I am not Bridget Jones.
And even, better, I’m not Mindy Lahiri from Fox’s new tv show the Mindy Project.
Though I do like her sparkly dress.
Things I have in common with Mindy:
- I blame romantic comedies for unrealistic expectations in life
- We are both single and have mostly friends who are married/in a relationship/have kids
- We both want to channel our own Sandra Bullock. I mean–who doesn’t?
- We like bright colors and glittery clothes
- Who hasn’t felt like the universe was mocking your single-dom in some way shape or form? (Ok, Mindy sees it a bit more acutely than the rest of us, but still…)
- We both suck at riding bikes
- We want to spend less money
- We want to lose weight
- We want to read more books and work out more
- We want to meet Mr. Right
Things Mindy has going on better than me at (proven in pilot episode):
- She has a super well paying job as an OBGYN
- She has access to better shoes (not fair Hollywood!)
- She gets to sleep with the hot British guy who seems like Hugh Grant
- She lives in a city that seems to have wayyy more going on than mine (though I do love where I live)
Things I rock by NOT being Mindy:
- I have never been to jail
- I have never said anything embarrassing at an ex’s wedding (thank goodness)
- I don’t think I’ve ever been such a disaster on a first date..oh I seriously hope not
- The hot British guy she gets to sleep with seems like Hugh Grant..And “hanging out” with a guy is destined for badness.
And, hands down, one of the scariest/most truthful moments of the episode:
Don’t know about y’all, but this is something I’ve definitely thought before a first blind date..