2012 in Review
So, 2012, what did you bring?
Let’s review the year.
I read a post on DoYouYoga.Com on “The Power of Reflection and Intentions for New Years” this weekend. The author Anna Mahler suggested reflecting on all you love, all you’ve accomplished, and all the good things that have happened to you this year.
Here’s some highlights:
- 2012 brought me many new friends
- I continued to build and make strong friendships and got to see LOTS of old wonderful friends
- I spent buckets of time with my family, including my nephew who lives far away!
- I’ve rekindled a love for journaling and forced my butt to get writing again
- I’ve been cooking more and eating healthy (or at least HOME-MADE) food
- I’ve become more balanced and happy with my body; and I’ve been able to make peace and explore my body’s imbalances!
- I’ve visited Boston, D.C., New Hampshire, New York, Georgia, all over Florida, and California
- H&M and Trader Joe’s came to the greater Tampa Bay area
- I’ve become happier with me, myself, and I.
- I started a daily meditation practice and daily yoga inversion practice
- I finally grew up and started to iron my clothes
- In the spring/early summer, I had a plethora of super weird guys try to date me. I, in turn, realized I do not need a weirdo, but have self-worth of my own and patience to wait for what is right and good! (And also obtained a string of funny stories.)
- I saw Luke Bryan in concert. I love country concerts so badly….
- I started this blog!!
Top Ten posts (by views) from Daily Southern Sunshine:
A different kind of Christmas, November 28, 2012
Best Christmas Sugar Cookies, November 27, 2012
Some Days You Gotta Dance, December 12, 2012
Worry Wart No More, December 8, 21012
I want to change the world through love, December 26, 2012
Let your inner love artist rock, December 20, 2012
Stop Faffing Now, December 19, 2012
It May Be a Bumpy Flight, September 24, 2012
Healthy Eating, Daily Meditating, October 16, 2012
The Sky Is Not Falling October 10, 2012
2012 in photos
The Power of a Photo
I realize why being a photographer is so cool.
Life is comprised of what? Moments? Brief moments that flicker then fade.
But a photo. A good photo. It has…
The chance to keep that moment burning. Forever.
Good. Bad. Marvelous. Indifferent. All of life. In a second.
All hail the man (or woman) who has the keen eye, the fast finger, & the zest for life who captures it all.
In the blink of an eye.
That single moment endures.
So here are a few of my favorite 2012 photos. I’m not a photographer, but I wish I was. And am grateful for those photographers who capture my life.
Pinterest Culinary Success
My first clam bake
Seeing my Kappa Kappa Gamma sister in San Francisco
Not the best photo, but nom nom nom this rice dish was tasty!
Mmm… Sugar Cookies.
The best salad ever
Junior League Christmas Party