a

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer. Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis.

a

Latest News

No posts were found.

Lora Hogan > Yoga  > The Best Year Ever. 2013: #mybestyear

The Best Year Ever. 2013: #mybestyear

I said that 2013 would be amazing. 2013 LOVE, yeah?

And that being said, I have been having a pretty great start to my 2013. Lots and lots of positive things coming my way y’all!

But this week was challenging.

This week was super duper of the frustrating.

You know when something is so asinine and out-of-control that it makes the space between your eyebrows hurt? Yeah, I had that happen.

The space between my eyebrows ached all week.

And I really hate holding tension in my head.

Because, you know, it gets me stuck in my head. And then I worry, I get angry, I second-guess, and just plain feel frustrated.

No bueno.

I let another person affect me in a negative way. I let another person’s inadequacies, confusion, short-sightedness and, to be honest, complete idiocy, stress me out to no end. (And trust me, y’all, if I actually wrote down everything that happened you’d think it was bizarre and ridiculous. And that I was making it up. It’s that silly and nonsensical.)

And as I woke up in the night GRINDING MY TEETH in annoyance for the fourth night of the week. I decided.

I’m done with this.

I am not wasting energy on individuals who have poor self-esteem, people who don’t respect me, who ask me to COMPROMISE MY MORALS, and who aren’t bright enough to realize that they are being discourteous, inane and ignoble. (And who wouldn’t know what those words mean, either. #Justsaying.)

I got my new BIRCHBOX this week.

I love Birchbox.  So much. Beauty products every month. WHO WOULDN’T WANT THAT? It’s my present to me!

And Birchbox reminded me that 2013 is going to be #mybestyear.

2013 is going to be the best year.

But I have to let go of the ickyness that has pervaded the year thus far. And only keep all the truly awesome things that have happened so far. (And there have been bunches of them, I promise!)

After a particularly frustrating day, my yoga teacher Laura Conley turned me around with a small phrase that resonated deep in my soul. “You can always begin again.”

And for 2013 LOVE to fully kick in, I need to start over.  I’m gonna let go the furstration and, although I can’t control the source of my frustration, I can control how I let it affect me. I control me. I am beautiful, strong, and intelligent.  I have strong morals that I refuse to compromise and will act in the way that I believe to be right.

So I am going to approach that person and those tasks that are making me want to pull my hair out from a fresh place.

I’m beginning again.

Starting now.

I’m publishing this post. I’m letting go of all the annoyances and the frustration.  I want to make room for all the good.  And there’s no room for good if I’m wasting space, time, and thoughts with dissatisfaction and grumpiness.

Once again, it is time to meditate and chant the mantra Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha. Time to remove those obstacles. To check in with my 2013 LOVE goals.

And begin again.

And, of course, listen to Miley Cyrus before she went so crazy! The Climb always lights a fire under my belly and gets me feeling positive and excited about the journey.  How do you re-connect to the journey? What makes you excited to begin again?

There’s always gonna be another mountain.
I’m always gonna wanna make it move.
Always gonna be an uphill battle.
Sometimes I’m gonna have to lose.
Ain’t about how fast I get there
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s the climb, yeah!

Time to start climbing to the top again.

Here’s to 2013 LOVE. #mybestyear. BEST YEAR EVER.

Starting.

Right.

NOW!!!

Comments:

• Freedom Yoga Studio

January 18, 2013 at 11:43 am

Nice! I think I’ll make some more room too!

• Nayeli

January 18, 2013 at 11:44 am

I have been doing videos about this very topic, how timely. It seems that as we transition into a new self, a new year , a new season we must overcome the transition period by letting go of all the engativity that was in order ot move forward . YOU CAN…

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

I’ll have to check out your videos! Glad I’m not the only one trying to let go to let in! 🙂

• Flying Yogini

January 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm

ooh. I TOTALLY feel you on this post! This week has been awkward and weird and lots of that space between the eye time stuff. But like you I have this sensation of it being the best year yet. awesome… (p.s. I chant the Ganesha mantra DAILY)

p.p.s. what is Birchbox?

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 21, 2013 at 11:18 am

I LOVE the Ganesha mantra. Chanted it every day this weekend. 🙂 Birchbox is a beauty product box that they send you ever month with samples of various sizes. I have loved all the products thus far and it is a fun little “gift” to me. 🙂 Here’s the website: https://www.birchbox.com

• erin

January 18, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I know what you mean about that stress. I can feel my brow furrow for HOURS (or days) afterwards and I have to just let go and relax my face. Haha. But then it’s all good.

And I am off to check out Birchbox!

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 21, 2013 at 11:18 am

Let me know what you think of Birchbox!! Once you un-furrow your brows it’s all good, but isn’t that they worst feeling??

• Writer Yogi

January 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Super good for you! I always say I’m a person of many beginnings. I’m glad your yoga teacher was able to let you know you can begin again. Don’t let others take your happiness. Keep on going. 🙂

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

I think we are always constantly beginning and starting over. It’s just good to remember that it’s okay and normal. 🙂 Thanks for the reminder, I like your phrase “don’t let others take your happiness.” I am joyful and need to stay that way! 🙂

• Carol Fellowes

January 19, 2013 at 2:30 pm

“The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen… as the whispering beat repeats: be…gin, be…gin, be…gin. It’s really that simple. Just begin… again.”

– Royce Addington

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 21, 2013 at 11:19 am

This quote is amazing! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing. Just the inspiration I needed. 🙂

• yogainbloom

January 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I have been living with a furrowed brow all week! Also headstuff. Goes to show we are all in this together, living the same thing, and dealing with the same stuff. Love your turn around!

• kia

January 24, 2013 at 12:50 am

Why am I thinking Anne of Green Gables with everyday being a day to start anew? All these refreshed days do add up to an arbitrary year and can make 2013 out of this world.

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

January 24, 2013 at 7:42 am

Because Anne of Green Gables said “tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it.” Pretty lovely, yes? 2013 will be amazing!