a

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer. Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis.

a

Latest News

No posts were found.

Lora Hogan > Uncategorized  > Be Your Own Valentine

Be Your Own Valentine

Whether you are single or in a relationship, there is one thing we all must do on Valentine’s Day–BE YOUR OWN VALENTINE.

So many people find February to be stressful. I like to blame TV. Have you ever noticed how February is SWEEPS period on television? All your favorite shows have the most crazy over-the-top dramatic things happen in February.  And we, being only human, carry that drama over into the month of February. For many of us–we carry that drama to Valentine’s Day.

Guess what?

Valentine’s Day is just a day.

It does not make or break your relationship.

It does not matter if you get amazing roses, go on a vacation, get a valentine’s day card, a teddy bear, an engagement ring, whatever. Nothing about the commercialized Valentine’s Day is the tipping point of your real relationship with anybody else.

The only relationship Valentine’s Day can truly impact is the relationship you have with yourself.

Use Valentine’s Day as a reminder to love YOU.

Until you love yourself, you cannot love anybody else. And until you LOVE YOURSELF, you cannot attract others worthy of your love.

Today over on the Daily Love, Mastin Kipp says that “love is asking us to accept your worth.”

But no one can accept your worth, unless YOU FIRST THINK THAT YOU ARE WORTHY.

LOVE yourself first.
You are awesome, amazing, unique, powerful.
You are love.

Yesterday, my favorite acting teacher Josh Pais addressed self-love over on his Committed Impulse blog.

He reminded us that our minds get in the way of loving ourselves. Our minds are always quick “to perpetually remind us that we suck.”

YOU DO NOT SUCK.

As Josh said, “You are glorious, alive, spontaneous, and have great gifts that the world needs.”

So this Valentine’s Day, I ask that you acknowledge your own AWESOMENESS.  Love you! Admit that you are WORTHY of love. That you are a fantastic and special person. There is no one else like you, so get down with your bad self and acknowledge that YOU ROCK!!

‘Cause you do!

Let today be a super amazing day.

Lots of love to y’all!!!

Comments:

• erin

February 14, 2013 at 9:29 am

LOL! I love me! And I am spending quality time with me at the gym, one of my favorite places. My husband and I don’t celebrate exactly on this day anyways, not since having kids. For Valentine’s we don’t make a big fuss, just try to spend time together. And this time we are going to the gym together on Saturday, doing take out and then watching a movie streamed to our tv. Nice, simple, quality time.

• Chrissy

February 14, 2013 at 10:52 am

Very true! I do love myself and take me time. Feb 14 is just a day. We usually don’t celebrate on the actual day because everyone is out and it’s crazy.

• Kelly Wade

February 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Thank you for this! I need to read more articles like this today to feel better about the fact that I am the only one of my girlfriends without a Valentine. However…I would MUCH rather be my own valentine than build up a day only to be disappointed by a less-than-stellar act of love from a significant other. Happy Valentine’s Day!

• Johnny@FitnessKings

February 14, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Amen! Gotta love yourself first! How else do you know what you want unless you love yourself enough to know what love is when you see it. V-day is just a day. I was talking to my mom this morning and she was all disappointed when I told her that my wife and I weren’t doing anything fabulous for Valentines. It’s just a day. I love the idea of being your own Valentine because you can do that regardless of relationship status and you can do it 365 days a year.

• Mindys fitness journey

February 14, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Love this post. I wrote about the same thing today. It’s important to love yourself first! 🙂

• Jenna {Real Simple Girl}

February 14, 2013 at 9:16 pm

It’s too bad that Valentine’s Day is such a commercialized holiday, but I guess all holidays are. I agree that it’s definitely important to love yourself!

• flying yogini

February 14, 2013 at 9:38 pm

such a great reminder!! thanks.. happy <3 day to you

• Lora (Daily Southern Sunshine)

February 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Thank you all for your comments! Just keep loving yourself EVERY day! 🙂

• Anne ~ Freedom Yoga

February 23, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Ah yes…it’s just a day…I am my own Valentine every single day!