February Goals for Self-Love
Alright February, let’s rock it!
If the year is 2013 LOVE, then February’s got to be a pretty amazing month for some SELF-LOVE, yeah?
February is full of “stuff.” There’s Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, my BIRTHDAY, my parent’s Anniversary, President’s Day, Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Super Bowl Sunday, and the occasional leap year.
But it’s also a month that society dictates is devoted to “love.”
In society, it’s the Hallmark card variety of artificial love.
But what if we use February to give ourselves some good old fashioned SELF-LOVE!?!?
Can you take your January new year’s resolutions to the next step? Can you dedicate the month of January to yourself and set goals that push yourself to be the greatest YOU that you can be? Can you make the resolution to give yourself some good old fashioned self-love and recognition? Self-love is one of the easiest things for us to forget.
Can you greet yourself with compassion in 2013?
We all rock, and let’s use February to really remind ourselves just how much we DO rock.
My healthy living group has expanded to February. With new goals and new challenges and support.
My goals may be slightly late, but I’m hoping they will push me to LOVE me more. Because you can always be happier with yourself, right?!? Right.
- Daily meditation, averaging a minimum of 15 minutes per day (seems more feasible than saying I will ALWAYS do two meditations). Specifically using meditation to get present, let go of the past, get into the stuff about me that makes me most uncomfortable, and find greater self luuuuuurv for February.
- Daily yoga focused on my “trouble” areas–my shoulder girdle, heart center, neck, abdomen, and pelvis. But MOST especially my shoulders/chest/neck.
- Daily CREATIVE writing for a minimum of three pages, in addition to my yoga writing.
- Daily singing or dancing for a minimum of five minutes
- Continued walking and daily inversion habits.
- Continued emphasis on healthy eating, dining with friends, and SHUTTING OFF TECHNOLOGY WHILE I EAT!!!
- Juice cleanse for one to maximum of three days
- Start riding a bike at least once a week.
- Organize my apartment and de-clutter where possible. (This means I need to tackle my closet and under the bed. DUN DUN DUN……..)
- Do a minimum of one thing a day to advance my long-term career goals.
- Let go. Reminder every day to LET GO, LET BE, and ENJOY THE FLOW. Say “I am Lora and I am here.” Once a day. As a reminder to be here and not fifty million miles away wasting time and energy worrying, faffing off on the computer, and staying in-tune to my daily emotions and the present moment.
That seems like a lot, but I think they are infinitely easier to accomplish than my January goals.
How will you love yourself in February? What goals will you set for yourself?