In case you haven’t noticed, I love banana bread.
I love it so much, I can’t stop myself from constantly experimenting with different recipes.
Last time it was a super nutty Vegan Banana Bread.
This time, there are two. A Gooey Super Banana Banana Bread and a Half ‘n Half Banana Walnut Bread. (That’s half wheat flour, half white flour.)
They were both good in different ways but, I think there’s something about the basics. I found myself left dreaming of my own Banana Bread, Sunshine Style! However, I know that everyone loves different types of banana breads and I will keep experimenting. Next time–maybe some blueberry banana muffins? What do you think?
Gooey Super Banana Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 mashed ripe bananas
2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nut)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or butter.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas. Add bananas to butter/eggs/ mixture.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Make a pool in the middle. Add butter/egg/banana mixture.
- Stir slowly to combine. Add 1/2 cup yogurt. Stir more. Add remaining yogurt. Stir as few times as possible. Add nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes before removing from pan.
Half ‘n Half Banana Nut Bread
1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup organic white sugar
1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
2 organic, free range eggs
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup ice cold water
1 cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
1 cup organic whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnut or pecan, optional)
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl (I actually like to use a glass pie pan), mash bananas. Add cold water and mix.
3. Blend banana/water into sugar/egg mixture.
4. Mix remaining dry ingredients (flour, powder, soda, salt). Add to batter slowly. Mixing well.
5. (optional) Stir in nuts by hand.
6. Pour into greased tins. Bake a 375 for 1 and 1/4 hours. If using two small pans, bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of bread comes out clean.