August Attitude Adjustment
I don’t know about y’all, but I am going to have an August Attitude Adjustment.
After months of talking about it and setting an intention, I have finally begun Gabrielle Bernstein’s May Cause Miracles.
I’m in need of some additional positivity in my life. The car accident was a trial and made me less than my normal perky self. And it’s time to be the normal me. And embrace each day fully.
So I thought I’d get back in the hat by trying Gabrielle Bernstein’s May Cause Miracles. I’ve been slacking with my meditation practice and Gabrielle has you meditate every day for 40 days. That should kick-start my practice right back up!
I also found I’ve been living in my head too much. THIS IS IT. This life. Today. This moment. We won’t get it back. Why have I been spending so much time worrying, so much time thinking, so much time being indecisive? That’s not me and that’s no way to live a life!
So I’m taking August back for me. I’m having an August Attitude Adjustment.
What this means:
- I am going to face my fears
- Live each day in the present moment
- Get back into my fitness habit and get my post-car accident body back to moving normally through yoga, swimming, biking, and running.
- Eating healthy and cooking more meals
- Entertaining and having friends over more
- Creating a new budget and sticking with it
- Finding somewhere new to live and not stressing over it
- Going after my career aspirations
- Believing in ME!
- Going after what I want and letting go of fear and indecision.
- Allowing myself to be vulnerable and okay with the unknown
- Being a good friend, sister, daughter, etc.
- Being a better listener
- Letting go of perception and desire and letting in what’s really happening in front of me
- Teaching more yoga, just because teaching makes me happy
- Write more
- Sing more
- Dance more
- Laugh more
- Smile more
- Making each day the best possible day it can be and living with zeal. I will never get this day back. This is it!! The present is happening before me. That’s where I need to be.
So it’s time to get out of my head, get into the present, and live each day to the hilt. Because I don’t want to look back when I’m eighty and think “oh I wish I had.” There’s no room for negativity. No room for self-doubt. No room for worry. It’s about fearless love and embracing the present and the amazing possibility that resides in each day. It’s about chasing goals and believing in myself. It’s about happiness.
What do you think? Could you use an August Attitude Adjustment?!
Want to join me?