Paleo Coconut Bread (Gluten-Free)
I have made my first Paleo bread!
I am pleased to announce that, while the texture was different than I anticipated (denser), this bread turned out tasty for modifying my own recipe! Yippee!
Paleo Coconut Bread
- 1/2 cup melted organic coconut oil (it was so hot in Florida, mine melted on its own! Scary!)
- 1/2 cup local organic clover honey
- 2/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 organic eggs, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 large super-ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine honey and coconut oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, gradually adding one at a time. Add sea salt and almond extract and beat again. Slowly add in coconut oil/honey mixture. Stir to mix.
- Slowly mix in the coconut flour a little at a time.
- Lastly, add the bananas. Mix with as few strokes as possible.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
Let cool and ENJOY! I recommend keeping this bread in the refrigerator or freezing. If you aren’t paleo, it’s tasty topped with a drizzle of honey and butter. You can also toast it, serve it with your favorite fruit, or even spread nut butter on top!