It was a busy go-go-go day! I had to have my first fast casual Paleo meal out and had to pick up something to-go. Add in lots of rain (that was a rainy three mile run) and I was ready for bed at 9pm! (Don’t judge.)
I wasn’t quite sure how lunch would be, so I tried to have a filling breakfast.
- Two fried eggs (the yolks cracked, gosh darn it all!
- Applegate Farms Turkey Sausage
- Sauteed Spinach
- Two slices Julian Bakery “Italian” Paleo Bread
Panera’s “hidden menu” does exist!
- Hidden Menu Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Avocado
- Potato Chips (not really Paleo, but I was super hungry)
- Fitlife Foods South Beach Mixed Grille with Beef and Chicken served with a side of broccoli, carrots, and snap peas. Please note that while Fitlife Foods has this meal on their “Paleo Menu,” it is not fully Paleo compliant as snap peas are a legume. Snap Peas are, however, allowed on the Whole 30, most GAPS plans, and some Specific Carbohydrate Diets (SCD). I only had a couple–I actually have never liked snap peas!
- Nothing like a 5k in the rain! While many of my friends may love running in the rain, I did not like trying to dodge huge puddles (from earlier storms) and having squishy feet. I think only running in a light gentle mist is the way to run in the rain. What do you think?
- Wet shoes? My friend recommended stuffing your running shoes with newspaper to help them dry out more quickly. I’m giving this a go! I’ll let you know how it turns out.