Paleo Day Three: Social and Paleo
Woohoo! Day Three was easy and I was amazed by how much energy I had!
Lemon Chicken Avocado Salad Recipe
- One small Paleo lemon chicken breast, cut into cubes (or other cooked chicken)
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Handful of organic grape tomatoes, sliced
- Carrots, shredded or sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix chicken, avocado, tomatoes, and carrots in a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss and enjoy!
I had a busy day and was invited to a gathering next door. My fellow Paleo friend Katie attended, as well, and we had a discussion on the pros and cons of consuming sweets and wine on a Paleo Diet. Also the dilemma of what to bring to a gathering when you are Paleo!
Katie and I agreed with Marks’ Daily Apple that wine, in moderation, is okay to have on a Paleo Diet. We are social creatures who enjoy good food and good wine–we do not want to give up our time with friends and foodies for the sake of following a “health diet.” Katie sent me this link from Hungry Toes detailing alcohol allowed on a Paleo diet and, therefore, we both opted to have a glass at dinner. She had red wine, while I opted for a dry Prosecco.
- Guacamole (everyone could enjoy!)
- Baby Carrots
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Marcona Almonds
- Good salami (no added sugars)
- Katie of A Full Plate made Primal brownies. She was very generous and shared. 🙂 They don’t look so exciting in the picture, but I promise they turned out fudgey and tasty. And guess what? Secret ingredient is ZUCCHINI!! 🙂
- Today was a rest day, so the only fitness was a brisk walk and approximately 15 minutes of yoga at home. (And some mental fitness known as journaling and meditation!!)