Breakfast is my favorite: Paleo Almond French Toast
I love breakfast.
Seriously, it’s my favorite meal.
I learned in college that, with a good breakfast, you always have a better day!
Reasons breakfast is awesome:
- Quiche and the like
- Maple Syrup
- It is perfectly acceptable to consume sweet things or savory things for breakfast
- Every single breakfast food that comes from the South
- Chocolate Croissants
- You wait long enough and you just call it BRUNCH. And enjoy it with mimosas and Bloody Mary’s… 🙂
- Did I mention bacon?!?!?
While the rest of the world freezes, Florida enters our strawberry season. What better way to start the season off than with a fresh almond paleo french toast topped with fresh local berries?
Paleo Almond French Toast
Serves One-Two (but can be doubled/tripled/etc. for more!)
4-6 slices of coconut bread or other favorite Paleo “bread”
Dash of almond milk or organic whole milk if Primal/eat dairy (I use 1-3 tbsp per egg)
Drop of Almond Extract
Slivered or sliced almonds
Lots of fresh sliced strawberries or other berries
Good quality organic maple syrup
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Melt coconut oil in hot skillet or griddle.
- In a pie pan, beat eggs. Add in milk, almond extract. Mix well.
- Add bread and let it sit in the egg mixture. Turn it over and let it soak up more.
- Add bread to hot skillet. Pour remaining egg over slices.
- Fry the soaked bread in the skillet for approximately five minutes on each side, or until toasty and fully cooked to your liking.
- Top with sliced berries, handful of almond slices, and maple syrup.
- Serve with coffee and (optional) BACON! 😀
Have a great morning y’all! What’s your favorite thing about breakfast?