Revisiting a Favorite
My childhood best friend’s Grandmother passed away in the night. I knew she was quite ill and it had been weighing on my mind recently. Each of our Grandmothers were such a part of our childhood that it was hard to remember that we are not related!
It was no surprise, then, that I have been thinking long and hard about my own Grandmother this week.
Although I have been avoiding dairy, I longed for my Grandmother’s chicken.
I had already modified it to be Gluten-Free back in the summer (see Gluten-Free Almond Meal Parmesan Chicken) and a substitution of coconut oil for butter made the meal truly primal.
Primal Almond-Meal Parmesan Chicken, a Grandma Recipe
- Four organic, hormone-free chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup herbs de Provence
- 2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb. melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Drizzle some melted coconut oil on a baking pan.
- Mix together almond meal, herbs de Provence, and cheese in a pie pan or other large plate.
- Dip chicken in melted oil. Dip chicken in meal/cheese mixture. Place hicken in baking pan. Coat with remaining meal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until chicken is fully cooked.
I can’t eat this without thinking of Grandma. Enjoy and think of your family!
What reminds you of your Grandmother?