Paleo Veggie Fest
- A bunch of plum tomatoes (good, ripe ones!)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 275. (Yes, you read that correctly. 275.)
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. (I use foil.)
- Drizzle sheet with olive oil (roughly 1 tbsp or so.)
- Slice your plum tomatoes into quarters, removing the core. Line tomatoes on baking sheet with skin sides down.
- Bake for one hour at 275. After an hour, take them out, stir the tomatoes around, and pop them back in.
- For the next hour to an hour and half–regularly stir the tomatoes to keep them from sticking. (I usually set the timer for every 15-20 minutes.) After at least TWO HOURS, you can remove them from the oven!
- These tomatoes are good served warm immediately or will keep for 5 days in your refrigerator. I save them and use them in salads, on chicken, as a side, you name it!
Roasted Asparagus with Sliced Almonds
- One-two asparagus bunches, with tough ends removed
- Olive Oil Spray or Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil or spray sheet with olive oil spray.
- Line the asparagus on the sheet in a row. Drizzle with olive oil (or olive oil spray).
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for another 5 minutes or until almonds are slightly browned.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and save for later in the week! I would say it keeps for around 3 days.
Spaghetti Squash with Avocado-Basil Sauce and Chicken Cutlets
For the Spaghetti Squash:
- Cooked spaghetti Squash (reheated if leftover)
- Ripe Hass Avocado
- Fresh Basil
- Mash the ripe avocado. Tear fresh basil or cut into small strips. Add to mashed avocado. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix with spaghetti squash! Enjoy. Top with vegetables, chicken, whatever you like!
For the chicken cutlets:
- Chicken Cutlets
- Olive oil, coconut oil, or ghee (approximately a tablespoon)
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Once pan is warm, add oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add chicken cutlets. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side, or until there is NO pink in the middle of the chicken when sliced open.
- Eat alone, serve on salads, use to top spaghetti squash, use wherever you want chicken!