5 reasons for the #PassLove Social Media Campaign
Well, DUHHHHHHHH you can. 🙂 And that’s the whole point! #PassLove isn’t about what you do on your tablet or smart phone…It’s about the moments that happen in real life.
Sometimes, however, people need a nudge. Encouragement. Or they just need to be clued in to the whole thing! So that’s why we are creating the social media aspect of #PassLove. #PassLove is bigger than facebook, twitter, this blog. #PassLove is designed to be a movement in real life whereby we work to create a more positive world through love. (See the blog post “My Campaign to Pass Love” for more information.)
The magic happens outside of social media, but I challenge you to utilize social media for loving reasons and to pass some joy along.
Five Reasons for Social Media and #PassLove
1. Leading by Example
- Sometimes, we need to share acts of kindness in order to inspire others to be kinder. Share laughter, to allow others to laugh. To be present so that others will find the ability to tackle challenges, be brave, and take chances!
2. Spreading the Word
- Because I only know so many people. In order for change to be effective, a huge cohort of people need to get involved. The more we tell others, invite others to the challenge, and say #PassLove, the more people know about the cause and can hop on the love train!
3. Positive Reinforcement
- As Gary Chapman points out in his five love languages some people feel loved with “words of affirmation.” So let’s give them! It can mean “liking” someone’s #PassLove status, writing a blog about them, sharing tales of love out in the world. Recogonizing and remembering that someone has done something good can only serve to create more good and inspire future acts of kindness. 🙂
4. Making someone else feel loved
- Sometimes, all it takes is a kind status, a photo, a video to rock someone else’s day and make them feel loved. Why wouldn’t you want that?
- Because we can use the Internet to be creative, too. It means using social media to take #PassLove to the next level! Maybe you’re the blog type, maybe you’ve written a poem on presence, maybe you have a crazy idea for an event that needs to be created on facebook that embodies #PassLove, the opportunities are ENDLESS! Social media can fuel creativity and #PassLove encourages creativity, thought, healthy living, lifelong learning, professional development, mindfulness, and anything and everything that promotes more love in the world.
Did I miss something? How do you think social media can help to #PassLove?