Paleo Cashew Chicken Tenders
Joe and I are back in business!
Tampa finally got a Trader Joe’s.
Commence exciting cooking!!
First up, Paleo Cashew Chicken Tenders made using Trader Joe’s awesome cashew meal!
I love almond meal, don’t get me wrong, but cashew meal has a different flavor and consistency–more consistent to cornbread batter than almond meal.
I started my cashew meal investigation simply–with some pan fried paleo-friendly, gluten-free, for realsies ALL NATURAL chicken tenders!!
Now I’m a sharing this Lora recipe. Because it’s kind to pass along the healthy tasty! That’s definitely a form of #PassLove, yeah?
Cashew Meal Crusted Chicken Tenders (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- 2-3 tablespoons (eyeball it) of organic coconut oil
- 1-1.5 pound organic antibiotic free chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1-3 tablespoons (again–eyeball it to taste) of gluten-free Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs de provence or your favorite fresh herbs
- 1 cup cashew meal
- Heat your skillet on medium.
- While skillet is heating, add combine egg and mustard in a pie plate or similar sized plate or bowl. Scramble the egg with a fork and make sure mustard is mixed evenly.
- In a second bowl combine cashew meal, herbs (to taste), salt, and pepper.
- Add coconut oil to skillet.
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture and then dip chicken in the cashew meal–coating thoroughly. Place coated chicken in skillet. Repeat for remaining pieces.
- Cook for approximately five minutes on each side–or until the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Serve immediately. I had this chicken immediately like a little kid–dipped in a mix of organic gluten-free ketchup and siracha sauce (gluten & nasty stuff free from Whole Foods) and a side of sweet potatoes and sauteed spinach. I saved the leftovers and used them on a salad–equally delish!