Photo by Ashlee Hamon Photography, glad wrap by NESH NYC, lotus leggings by Inner Fire Apparel, bracelet and chakra necklace by Sacred Charms
Happy November y’all!
November is a great time to pause. To open your heart. To take time to love yourself, your family, your friends, even your barista!
It’s also one of the best times of the year to cultivate a gratitude attitude.
How do you do that, you may ask? By finding things to be thankful for EVERYWHERE throughout your daily life!
Here’s a simple exercise to get you started:
Choose a day. Any day. Maybe even today!
Decide that, everywhere you go, you will find something to feel joyous about. Find something in the present moment to be thankful for. Trust me, you will then be extremely grateful for your life!
I gave it a shot yesterday. I was amazed at all the good things I discovered!
- My neighbor found my lost FedEx slip for a Lorna Jane package outside my building! She texted me and returned it to me so I could get my package!
- Buddy Brew Coffee really has the nicest staff ever, and they make a great cup of joe! So friendly! Every time.
- I have amazing friends and a wonderful support group.
- I saw an elderly man and his wife holding hands and walking along the water. It was precious.
- I made friends with my neighbors dog while heading out for a run!
- I am able to go out for a run and prepare for a race this weekend. Plus, I smiled at all the random strangers I passed on the way!!
- I worked on a playlist for my Thursday night Lora Love Flow for everyBODY at the Gallery in downtown St. Pete. I am so lucky I get to share my style of yoga and my passion with others!!
- I am now affiliates for both Reebok and adidas on this blog! Yippee. Stay tuned for activewear news and discounts that now also applies to MEN and KIDS! Woohoo! 🙂 (And I do need to get some new running shoes, so perfect timing!)
- I was able to take a hot shower.
- I went in person to the bank and have never had so many friendly how-do-you-dos in my life! (And although I’m in my twenties, I was offered a lollipop. Ha!)
- I used my new Jade Yoga mat for a lovely race-week home yoga practice, inspired by my teacher Sage Rountree.
- I’m able to practice yoga! That’s huge!
- I ate guacamole. And bacon. And chocolate. All in the same day. (But not all at once, that could be kinda gross.) But separately (or in certain pairings, I suppose) it’s all good stuff!!
- Even though I missed it on Sunday, I was able to watch the Walking Dead one day later. I have a tv! And Internet! And computers! Thanks technology, you’re great stuff.
- I wore my new Juil boots! They are so comfortable! I’m grateful for being a Juil ambassador and my relationship with the brand.
- I meditated for 30 minutes before I went to bed. And my bed was ridiculously comfortable, with clean sheets!
- I got a check from ebates for some necessary make-up I needed!
- I talked to my Mom
- My Daddy sent me an encouraging email about my race this weekend
- And on and on and on and on
When you start looking, there are an unlimited amount of things to be grateful for.
Every moment of every day.
What are you thankful for?
Can you cultivate a gratitude attitude? Let me know what you are thankful for and how you take time to appreciate your life in the comments below!