a

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer. Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis.

a

Latest News

No posts were found.

Lora Hogan > Yoga  > Acknowledge How Far You’ve Come

Acknowledge How Far You’ve Come

Sometimes we forget to notice how far we’ve come.

We are so busy looking forward, wanting to improve, wanting to get better.

That we forget that we’ve already made amazing leaps and bounds.

We forget to acknowledge how FAR we’ve truly come.

I received a lovely reminder this weekend, thanks to Ashlee Hamon photography.

I saw a photo of my crow pose from Thursday.

And then I saw how much straighter my arms were from our photoshoot together a year ago.

And then I dug out a photo from 2013 and saw how much much better my crow is now.

The differences are small, but they are huge to me.

Spring 2013:

crow-2013

Photo by aka photographs

Spring 2014:

LoraHogan-crow-2014

Photo by Ashlee Hamon Photography; last season outfit courtesy of Onzie (similar here)

Now (Spring 2015):

ashlee-hamon-12

Photo by Ashlee Hamon, Top by Lorna Jane (Last Season), Sports Bra by Lorna Jane (get it here), Nesh NYC Racer Stripe Leggings (get them here)

My arms get just a teensy bit straighter each time! Maybe next year my arms *will* be straight? Who knows?

And the differences aren’t huge. They are small. They are barely noticeable. But they are huge reminders that small steps can make a huge impact. And that we don’t get from point a to point b overnight.

But that all the little steps we take on our journey MATTER. They get us to where we need to go. To what we want. And it can be so easy to see the setbacks, the disappointments, or the moments that just feel icky. Or to just focus on the HUGE highs, the big things, the over the top things. And it’s these little moments. These baby steps. The ever so slightly straightening of the arms in crow, that make all the difference.

So remember, whatever journey you’re on. Whatever goals you have. You have already made tremendous strides. Look back to where you were last year. And the year before. And look for the little things. The stuff you tend to gloss over and forget about. Pay attention to your crow arms. And notice how your form has changed. Applaud your baby steps.

And someday those baby steps, those minute movements, those will inch you closer to your goals and your dreams.

Give yourself a pat on the back. Remember you’re baby steps.  Because it’s the baby steps that lead you onwards each and every day.

Be proud.

Acknowledge how far you’ve come!

Comments:

• Lauren Spann

April 27, 2015 at 8:23 am

Love it! Such a great reminder 🙂

Elle
    SouthernElleStyle.com

• Jerusha @CitrusSwirl.com

April 27, 2015 at 8:33 am

This is such a great reminder for me… I’m so focused on where I’m not where I want to be all the time that I constantly forget to acknowledge that I’m nowhere near where I was. Thank you for the pep talk!

• Bob Beck

April 27, 2015 at 11:41 am

Definitely need to reflect from time to time. I enjoy doing this with my at work through the many years.

• Rachel Fuller

April 27, 2015 at 12:34 pm

So true. I always push myself to do better and leave where I am at in the “not good enough” pile.

• Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine

April 27, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Wonderful message! You are moving forward and growing with each and every day! XOXO

• Kristen

April 27, 2015 at 2:34 pm

i love this!! it’s so easy to compare and be sad about where i’m not, i haven’t been doing yoga long and i can already see an improvement. i need to focus on that rather than where i’m not.

• Nichole

April 27, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I feel like I am always looking to the future with everything. My attempt at fitness, plans, etc…and then when i look back sometimes I can’t even remember what I did the past weekend…sad, really.

• Beth

April 27, 2015 at 9:56 pm

I am happy when I can balance in crow without cracking my head open….not really worried about my arms but maybe one day they will be more straight. ..or not!

• Crystal Green

April 28, 2015 at 10:15 pm

This is quite an accomplishment. You’re right you can tell a difference. I love your workout outfits!! I haven’t been able to do that position in a long time.