Rest is OK

ashlee-hamon-9Pin-Up Leggings by Nesh NYC (get them here or here), Tank and Sports Bra thanks to Lorna Jane (last season), Chakra Bracelets courtesy of Energy Muse

As you all know, I am a go go go kind of girl.

But sometimes we have to stop. To slow down. To rest. Even when we don’t want to!

This week I had a horrible allergic reaction and asthma attack. Oh goodness was it ever not fun!

It’s actually really scary when you can’t breathe.

But when you can’t breathe, there are some positives.

You are forced to slow down.

To take pause.

To meditate. To read. To take it easy.

To stop and appreciate each inhale and exhale when it comes.

To literally get joy when you can stop and smell the roses.

And in that pause can come clarity. Renewed vigor. New inspiration.

So that we can dive in more fully than before.

So allow the rest to happen. Allow for pauses. Slowness.

We need the stillness.

Without it, we can never fully go forward joyfully, efficiently, and with full present moment awareness.

So come down today. Find a moment of stillness. Bring it upon yourself. And embrace it. Find the pauses between the thoughts. Go for a walk. Mediate. Even just spend a few extra minutes in child’s pose.

But come down.

Take rest.

Breathe it in.

Savor it.

Enjoy.

xoxo,
Lora

7 Comments

1. Alexandria @ Al2getherfit April 30, 2015 10:36 am  Reply

We do need the stillness! I usually find this stillness at night or in the middle of working when my baby takes a nap. I sit back in my office chair and just breathe for a few minutes.

• lhogan@gmail.com May 4, 2015 3:59 pm  Reply

That’s a great plan! We should all take a few moments every day to sit back and just breathe!

2. Haley April 30, 2015 11:09 am  Reply

I came down with a fever Sunday afternoon and ended up in bed most of the day and evening. I haven’t been sleeping very well for months (baby doesn’t sleep well right now), so I guess it just caught up with me. Thankfully, I woke up Monday feeling fresh and rested, so I guess the fever was my body’s way of saying to slow down.
    I really really want to take more time to rest and sit in stillness, but I just can’t stay awake long enough to practice. lol

• lhogan@gmail.com May 4, 2015 3:59 pm  Reply

I hope you are feeling better! I guess we all needed the same lesson right now!

3. Elle Spann April 30, 2015 2:36 pm  Reply

Love this post! I am the same way! Last week I had a horrible stomach virus and was forced ton slow down, so I completely understand. Also, child’s pose works wonders;)

Elle
    southernellestyle.com

• lhogan@gmail.com May 4, 2015 3:58 pm  Reply

Child’s pose is the BEST! Hope you are feeling better!

4. Run DMT May 5, 2015 3:55 pm  Reply

It’s all about balance. After an insane year, I am determined to live a much slower life this year. Slow is good.