Tampa Bloody Mary Festival & Downtown Carnival!
After I run any long distance race I crave a few crazy things.
Specifically, bacon and Bloody Marys. (It must be the sodium and tomato…or something!)
Well, this weekend I need to go for a LOOOOOOOONG run before the Tampa Bay Bloody Mary Festival!
I hope they have Bloody Mary’s like this one, which I enjoyed after a 14 mile run at Ella’s Folk Art Cafe in Tampa’s Seminole Heights neighborhood earlier this year. I hope they will be there!
Yep! There was a rib on it. That came close to beating the bacon! (And it definitely won that day; I was STARVING!!)
I have done some googling.
According to the Interwebs, these are the benefits of Bloody Mary Drinks:
- Full of antioxidants (thanks lycopene in tomato juice!)
- Celery is anti-flammatory and a negative calorie food (huzzah!)
- Horseradish = supposedly cancer preventative (also good for UTIs and respiratory infections FYI)
- Olives are known for their good fats, so there ya go!
- Lemon and lime wedges are full of vitamin C
- Scallions help fight colds
- It’s basically a meal in a glass (Am I right?)
- The “hair of the dog….”
- If there’s bacon (or a rib!) that counts as added protein!
- You can always add cucumbers or other miscellaneous veggies, especially pickled veggies. Does that count as healthy?
So basically, I have determined that, in moderation, Bloody Marys count as healthy. Therefore, I am actually going to a health food festival on Sunday… Right?!?!
Okay, maybe that’s a stretch but it will be FUN right? And that’s good for the soul, so it totally counts.
Guess what! If you (or a friend) lives in the greater Tampa Bay area, you can win TWO tickets to the Tampa Bay Bloody Mary Festival. The event runs on Sunday, May 3, from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm in Curtis Hixon Park in Downtown Tampa. The event features many of the top Tampa restaurants, samples of Bloody Mary beverages, full sized beverages, mimosas, brunch eats, live music, and much more! The event is also a part of the weekend RiverFest. I also have a giveaway for two tickets to the Tampa Downtown Carnival happening on my Facebook Page! So hop on over and enter today!