Macy’s American Icons Celebrations This Weekend!
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Macy’s All American Celebration!
Macy’s. An American Icon. For most of us, it’s the store we grew up with. I still remember the first time I rode the wooden escalators at the Macy’s in Herald Square. And visiting Macy’s in San Francisco as a child to see the Christmas decorations. (We also went to brunch there for Easter and I remember meeting the Easter bunny. They did SO many fun things!)
And when you’ve lived around the country as much as I have, I think I may hold a world record for Mommy-Daughter dates at Macy’s. I’ve got Boston, Burlington, Sacramento (back when there used to be TWO stores: one for men and home goods, one for women), Atlanta, Scottsdale, the list goes on and on.
Macy’s is special.
And this weekend several of my favorite Macy’s are celebrating American Icons with all American Inspired Fashion to salute our heroes; an event in partnership with Got Your 6, a non-profit organization dedicated to help veterans return to civilian life.
Check and see if your local Macy’s is on the list and join in the fun as we celebrate fashion and share love for those who keep our country safe.
My favorite locations (Macy’s Herald Square in New York, New York) & Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco, California) are hosting fabulous events to celebrate all American fashion and salute our American heroes. I’ll be attending the event at Macy’s Westshore Plaza in Tampa, Florida. But you can still attend if you’re in Albany, Burlington Mass (yes the store from my high school), Fayetteville NC, Miami, Arlington VA, Atlanta, Dallas, Minneapolis, and more. See the full list of cities here. Every city has different events and start times, so be sure to check the list to see what’s happening for you!
Here’s what’s happening this Saturday, May 16 at a couple of my fav Macy’s:
Tampa (where I’ll be attending):
Starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday, May 16!
Event in honor of Armed Services Day! Events for the entire family and special celebration for veterans! It’s the perfect opportunity to show your appreciation for the veteran in your life, so join the celebration and don’t miss out! Plus 25% off in store if you donate to support Got Your 6, a non-profit that supports veterans as they return from military duty.
New York-Herald Square (Going all out, as you’d expect them to!):
OH MY GOODNESS! SO much! The fun starts at 6 pm!! You can:
- Meet Carl Ray (makeup artist for America’s First Lady)
- Enjoy live music
- See and meet Dancing with the Stars alum Maksim Chmerkovskiy (and a chance to receive a pair of tickets to SWAY, playing June 5th and 6th at the Hammerstien Ballroom)
- Listen to Marine Corp veteran and Phil Klay read from his book on Redeployment
- Meet J.W. Cortes (the Brooklyn-born Iraq War veteran and former Marine turned New York City cop who now stars on the hit prime-time series GOTHAM)
- Enjoy yummy food in an event “A Bite of the Boroughs” with samples from Seamstress, Rustik Tavern, Via Vai, Delicioso Coco Helado, Max’s Esca, Junior’s Cheesecake, Made from Scratch, Cove Lounge, Stella 34, and more. MMMMM!
San Francisco, Union Square: (with a foodie bent! MMM!)
- Starts at 2 pm PST!
- Chef Azalina Eusope (named one of Bone Apetit’s “10 Top Upcoming Chef’s”), the owner of Azalina’s makes one of her Malaysian dishes in honor of American icons.
- Fashion show celebrating American style put on by Pitch Perfect 2 costume designer Salvador Perez!
- Complimentary sweets, sips, a photobooth, and more!
Wherever you are, you can help celebrate! Post an #AmericanSelfie between now and July 4 and Macy’s will donate $1 for each instagram photo to support Got Your 6 and America’s veterans.
So join in at your local store or online! Again, visit the Macy’s site to see if your store is on the list!
Stay tuned to see my photos and live coverage from the event–as well as my favorite iconic American Styles!! 🙂 Don’t worry, I’ll definitely be posting an #AmericanSelfie to make sure my donation counts!!