Please forgive me for things I did when I was HANGRY!!

Dear loved ones, students, friends, and complete strangers,

Please forgive me for the things I have said and done when I was HANGRY!

Hanger is real y’all.

According to the top definition in Urban Dictionary, Hangry is described as: “When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.

BEEN THERE! (A lot.)

This is not made-up stuff y’all. See this CNN article for some science behind the hangry. It’s real. And it’s dangerous. It’s actually REALLLLLY scary when it happens to me.

Yes, I have a hangry problem.

If I go too long without food, WATCH OUT WORLD!!!

This is me on hangry:

lora-hangry

Do you see that evil look in my eyes? It’s like I WILL CUT YOU DOWN IF YOU KEEP ME FROM EATING. BRING ME FOOD AND WATER (and maybe I’d throw in some wine) ASAP or I will go all CRAY CRAY ON YOU!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!! HANGER LORA ATTACK!!!!

I am sorry if I snap at you. If I seem rude. If I rush. If I talk to fast or in too high of a pitch. If I don’t listen well enough. Or if I just seem generally mean, awkward, or out of sorts. I’m just SUPER HANGRY.

It is hard. I get so hungry, I swear I cease to function. My brain doesn’t compute. All I can think is feed me, feed me, feed me. FEED ME!!!!

And then the food comes and it is all…

NOM NOM NOM EAT EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE.

lora-kooee-snacks

And then it’s all….

SURPRISE!!!

lora-hogan-surprise

I’m super nice, super positive, and actually pretty chill!!

I’m seriously a different person when I’m properly fed. (And I’ll throw rested in there too, because I think the world’s worst combo is a stressed out Lora who is simultaneously both ridiculously hungry and super duper sleepy.)

So please. If you meet me hangry. Do not judge. Do not hate me. Do not take offense.

Just feed me.

And then I will love you forever and ever and ever. (For serious!)

I need to get this shirt from Society6 and just throw it on over me every time I feel the hanger coming on, as a warning sign to all of actual society lol:

hangry-like-the-wolf

Image courtesy of Society6

This Society6 one is pretty good too, ha! That little girl is totes me on hanger.

society6hangry

Image courtesy of Society6

But in all serious.

I am sorry for the things I did while I was hangry.

I didn’t mean it.

I promise to do better. To carry my favorite snacks with me in my bag like I mean to, so that I can preemptively attack when hunger is about to strike. I’ll take deep breaths when I’m feeling irritable or cranky and feeling that hangryness about to rise. I’ll meditate on it. And I will breathe and speak from the best possible place of love and compassion, like a true yogi.

But it may still happen. Because it’s science y’all and it’s just my body chemistry doing it’s neurological thingamajig. (Again–read the CNN article. It’s really cool!) But the HANGRYย comes. It can come suddenly at any time, without warning!ย It’s never wanted. It’s never intentional. And please. When that happens… Forgive me. Love me. Hug me.

But please please please….just get me to food! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!! And then all will be well again. WOOT WOOT!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Do you have a HANGER PROBLEM?!?

Don’t tell me I’m alone in this?

xoxo,

Lora

25 Comments

1. Laurie July 22, 2015 8:41 am  Reply

HA This is great! XOXO <3 I am always "Hangry" <3

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:31 pm  Reply

HA! So glad am not alone!

2. Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry July 22, 2015 8:46 am  Reply

Fun post Lora. I totally believe the “hangry” is real. I know our daughter gets hangry and right away I can tell she has not had enough food. Bam, feed her more and she is wonderful.

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:32 pm  Reply

It is so totally a real thing. I feel terrible, but it’s definitely just the lack of food!

3. Jennifer Florence July 22, 2015 8:49 am  Reply

Hysterical! This literally happens to me at least once a day. Even my kids recognize it and usually tell me I need to eat something!

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:32 pm  Reply

Tehehehe! It’s good your kids are trained and know when to feed Mama!

4. Betsy July 22, 2015 9:00 am  Reply

OMG! I read the CNN article and thought to myself “people it’s real! I haven’t been crazy for the last 33 years of my life!” Just feed me! Lora let’s grab food. Now. Pronto. Drop everything! Let’s go!!!!!

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:32 pm  Reply

HA! Yes, that article is pure gold. Huzzah! We are not imagining things!

5. Amanda July 22, 2015 9:02 am  Reply

Hahaha oh my this is SO spot on! I am totally with you. A hangry Amanda is a nasty Amanda. Have you seen the tank at Fit and Flirty Closet that says “Feed me and tell me I’m pretty”. This made me think of it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:33 pm  Reply

Oh no I haven’t seen that top yet. It sounds like something I NEED! So so so so true. I’m easy to please as long as you feed me and think I’m beautiful lol.

6. Jen @ Pretty Little Grub July 22, 2015 9:22 am  Reply

Being hangry is definitely legit. I honestly fear being hungry because I hate the person it turns me into. It’s like I know I’m being irrational and a huge B but I can’t help it.

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:33 pm  Reply

I know! It’s like you become a MONSTER. The struggle is real.

7. Diane July 22, 2015 11:17 am  Reply

This is hilarious and so true! hahaha My daughter just told me the other day that I WAS BAD AT BEING HUNGRY! What the heck? I know I feel angry and frustrated when I am hungry but I didn’t know other can people can tell!! Great post!

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:34 pm  Reply

I don’t think it’s possible to be GOOD at being hungry. At least not for me, ha! At least the solution is easy–feed me! We’re lucky that we are able to eat good foods and drink clean water with ease.

8. Christina July 22, 2015 11:37 am  Reply

LOL I am totally the same way. Like seriously I get so irritable everyone better back off when I’m hangry ๐Ÿ˜€

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:35 pm  Reply

It’s a scary thing, isn’t it? Like–we need signs saying run away or bring me food. Let’s make those.

9. Alexandria @ Al2getherFIT July 22, 2015 11:49 am  Reply

Haha!! Love this! I have a hangery problem AND nausea problem when I don’t get food! Especially breakfast…if I don’t eat something by 10am, watch out!! ๐Ÿ™‚ all smiles afterwards tho

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:35 pm  Reply

I get nauseous too! I can’t skip breakfast. I seriously can’t function without food and coffee. I there a COFFEANGRY? because if I don’t have that in the am with some nosh, OH MY GOOD LORD!!!! #cantfunction

10. Liz July 22, 2015 12:31 pm  Reply

Hahaha! I definitely have a Hanger-Management Issue… it is real.

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:36 pm  Reply

Hanger-Management Issue. Best description ever. Can we go to meetings? Solution? Feed me and drink me! LOL.

• Lora Hogan July 22, 2015 1:36 pm  Reply

Aren’t those shirts too fun! We need them! (Or at least I do.)

11. Ariana July 23, 2015 1:16 am  Reply

Haha yes hanger is totally a REAL thing! I get just a tiny bit crazy if I don’t get fed in time ๐Ÿ˜‰ I always walk by a store that has a shirt that says “I’m Sorry for the Things I Said While I Was Hungry” in the window, and I think I need to buy it and wear it around my boyfriend constantly. Haha!

• Lora Hogan July 23, 2015 8:03 am  Reply

I NEED THAT SHIRT!! Can you please buy it or at least go into the store and take a photo of who makes it? Pretty please! OH MY GOODNESS YES PLEASE!!

12. Beth July 23, 2015 9:49 am  Reply

I must get the Society6 shirt…love it! I can’t allow myself to get to “hangry” or I will get a massive headache and then all bets are off. Thanks for sharing via #TBB #LinkLove