Lora Hogan > Uncategorized  > Please forgive me for things I did when I was HANGRY!!

Please forgive me for things I did when I was HANGRY!!

Dear loved ones, students, friends, and complete strangers,

Please forgive me for the things I have said and done when I was HANGRY!

Hanger is real y’all.

According to the top definition in Urban Dictionary, Hangry is described as: “When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.

BEEN THERE! (A lot.)

This is not made-up stuff y’all. See this CNN article for some science behind the hangry. It’s real. And it’s dangerous. It’s actually REALLLLLY scary when it happens to me.

Yes, I have a hangry problem.

If I go too long without food, WATCH OUT WORLD!!!

This is me on hangry:

lora-hangry

Do you see that evil look in my eyes? It’s like I WILL CUT YOU DOWN IF YOU KEEP ME FROM EATING. BRING ME FOOD AND WATER (and maybe I’d throw in some wine) ASAP or I will go all CRAY CRAY ON YOU!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!! HANGER LORA ATTACK!!!!

I am sorry if I snap at you. If I seem rude. If I rush. If I talk to fast or in too high of a pitch. If I don’t listen well enough. Or if I just seem generally mean, awkward, or out of sorts. I’m just SUPER HANGRY.

It is hard. I get so hungry, I swear I cease to function. My brain doesn’t compute. All I can think is feed me, feed me, feed me. FEED ME!!!!

And then the food comes and it is all…

NOM NOM NOM EAT EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE.

lora-kooee-snacks

And then it’s all….

SURPRISE!!!

lora-hogan-surprise

I’m super nice, super positive, and actually pretty chill!!

I’m seriously a different person when I’m properly fed. (And I’ll throw rested in there too, because I think the world’s worst combo is a stressed out Lora who is simultaneously both ridiculously hungry and super duper sleepy.)

So please. If you meet me hangry. Do not judge. Do not hate me. Do not take offense.

Just feed me.

And then I will love you forever and ever and ever. (For serious!)

I need to get this shirt from Society6 and just throw it on over me every time I feel the hanger coming on, as a warning sign to all of actual society lol:

hangry-like-the-wolf

Image courtesy of Society6

This Society6 one is pretty good too, ha! That little girl is totes me on hanger.

society6hangry

Image courtesy of Society6

But in all serious.

I am sorry for the things I did while I was hangry.

I didn’t mean it.

I promise to do better. To carry my favorite snacks with me in my bag like I mean to, so that I can preemptively attack when hunger is about to strike. I’ll take deep breaths when I’m feeling irritable or cranky and feeling that hangryness about to rise. I’ll meditate on it. And I will breathe and speak from the best possible place of love and compassion, like a true yogi.

But it may still happen. Because it’s science y’all and it’s just my body chemistry doing it’s neurological thingamajig. (Again–read the CNN article. It’s really cool!) But the HANGRYΒ comes. It can come suddenly at any time, without warning!Β It’s never wanted. It’s never intentional. And please. When that happens… Forgive me. Love me. Hug me.

But please please please….just get me to food! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!! And then all will be well again. WOOT WOOT!! πŸ˜€

Do you have a HANGER PROBLEM?!?

Don’t tell me I’m alone in this?

xoxo,

Lora

Comments:

• Laurie

July 22, 2015 at 8:41 am

HA This is great! XOXO <3 I am always "Hangry" <3

• Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry

July 22, 2015 at 8:46 am

Fun post Lora. I totally believe the “hangry” is real. I know our daughter gets hangry and right away I can tell she has not had enough food. Bam, feed her more and she is wonderful.

• Jennifer Florence

July 22, 2015 at 8:49 am

Hysterical! This literally happens to me at least once a day. Even my kids recognize it and usually tell me I need to eat something!

• Betsy

July 22, 2015 at 9:00 am

OMG! I read the CNN article and thought to myself “people it’s real! I haven’t been crazy for the last 33 years of my life!” Just feed me! Lora let’s grab food. Now. Pronto. Drop everything! Let’s go!!!!!

• Amanda

July 22, 2015 at 9:02 am

Hahaha oh my this is SO spot on! I am totally with you. A hangry Amanda is a nasty Amanda. Have you seen the tank at Fit and Flirty Closet that says “Feed me and tell me I’m pretty”. This made me think of it πŸ™‚

• Jen @ Pretty Little Grub

July 22, 2015 at 9:22 am

Being hangry is definitely legit. I honestly fear being hungry because I hate the person it turns me into. It’s like I know I’m being irrational and a huge B but I can’t help it.

• Diane

July 22, 2015 at 11:17 am

This is hilarious and so true! hahaha My daughter just told me the other day that I WAS BAD AT BEING HUNGRY! What the heck? I know I feel angry and frustrated when I am hungry but I didn’t know other can people can tell!! Great post!

• Christina

July 22, 2015 at 11:37 am

LOL I am totally the same way. Like seriously I get so irritable everyone better back off when I’m hangry πŸ˜€

• Alexandria @ Al2getherFIT

July 22, 2015 at 11:49 am

Haha!! Love this! I have a hangery problem AND nausea problem when I don’t get food! Especially breakfast…if I don’t eat something by 10am, watch out!! πŸ™‚ all smiles afterwards tho

• Liz

July 22, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Hahaha! I definitely have a Hanger-Management Issue… it is real.

• Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine

July 22, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Goodness yes to all the above. Hangry is not a good place to be. πŸ™‚ Also, I need those shirts!

• Ariana

July 23, 2015 at 1:16 am

Haha yes hanger is totally a REAL thing! I get just a tiny bit crazy if I don’t get fed in time πŸ˜‰ I always walk by a store that has a shirt that says “I’m Sorry for the Things I Said While I Was Hungry” in the window, and I think I need to buy it and wear it around my boyfriend constantly. Haha!

• Beth

July 23, 2015 at 9:49 am

I must get the Society6 shirt…love it! I can’t allow myself to get to “hangry” or I will get a massive headache and then all bets are off. Thanks for sharing via #TBB #LinkLove