Paleo: Day One + Lemon Chicken Recipe
Sunday (08/18) was day one for official Paleo diet with Katie at A Full Plate.
AMAZING SALAD made with:
Paleo Lemon Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 9 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus additional wedges to squeeze on top
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provene
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Organic sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Let cook for one minute, or until garlic just starts to brown. Remove from heat. Add herbs, lemon juice, and sea salt. Pour into a baking pan (I used a 9 x 12)
- Place breasts in sauce. Turn them over to coat.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of chicken breasts. Squeeze additional lemon juice on top of each breast. Add pepper and, if you want, more salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is brown. (You can broil for the last minute or two if chicken is cooked, but not brown enough for you.)
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for ten minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled for salads, lunches, etc.