Gasparilla..aka how to throw an adult pirate party at 9 am
Tampa Bay’s famous pirate invasion.
Mardi gras… with pirates! Arr!
I live near the parade, so at 9 am (well..actually earlier than that..) me mateys all got together for the party to end all parties! Yo ho ho!
First, the decorations:
|Because yer reindeer be a pirate at heart! ARRR!|
Centerpiece and treasure chest! Feather boas are amazing!
Beads, beads, everywhere! The trick is to hang beads EVERYWHERE! Put beads EVERYWHERE!!
Every pirate party needs a pirate plate!
Also, chocolate gold coins! MMM chocolate…
The table ends:
Brunch items are a must.
I went with some old stand-bys and new favorites.
Two of my incredible friends made these awesome fruit swords:
We also had:
- Donoughts from Datz Dough
- Donut holes from Dunkin’ (and coffee)
- Bagels and muffins from Panera
- Chorizo potatoes
- Cheesy hash browns
- Greek yogurt
- And a treasure chest of treats!
Pinterest is amazing for side items. I was so busy hostessing I forgot to take photos, but needless to say we had:
- Fish ‘n chips (gold fish and potato chips)
- Fish bait (vodka soaked gummy worms)
- Dead man’s fingers (I used the Trader Joe’s chili lime cashews)
- Polly’s crackers & cheese cubes
- Peg legs (corn dogs)
- Ocean jello shots (blue)
- Chocolate covered bacon (because why not?)
- And temporary tattoos!
Here’s a candid shot of the food and guests:
And no pirate party is complete without a PHOTO BOOTH:
We got a printable “take your picture or walk the plank!” sign from Pinterest!
Arrr you a fan of Gasparilla me matey?