Take Time to Unwind
Disclaimer: This post is Powered By Brandbacker.
Take Time to Unwind!!
When is the last time you truly relaxed at home?
Opened a bottle of wine.
Took a bubble bath.
And had a home spa day?
If you’re me TODAY, that was yesterday.
If you’re me SIX MONTHS AGO, that was ummm….practically never.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the go-go-go of life.
To keep moving. Maybe we make time for yoga. Maybe we get that run in, cook healthy, take an effort to go to bed early, or even meditate.
But we forget that we also need to unwind and pamper ourselves. As they say, self-care isn’t selfish. And self-care is about more than just the physical needs.
You need to take time to pamper yourself and relax. It’s OKAY to take time for you–even if you feel like your indulging.
It’s not indulging–it’s taking care of the FULL you. Even if it does feel quite luxurious! Because hey! Don’t we all deserve a little luxury?! 😉
Here’s how I unwind stylishly at least once a week:
- Open a GOOD bottle of wine. I mean a good bottle of wine. Get out one of your favorite prettiest wine glasses. Pour said glass of wine into beautiful wine glass. Smell it. Savor it. Really be a wine snob with it as you drink it. Take in all the flavors and scents. LUXURIATE in the wine.
- Turn on bath. Take a long slow, hot bubble bath. Enjoy said wine in bath and just go AHHHHHH. Really see where you can let go of tension and just find ease in the moment.
- Bubble baths aren’t for you? Take a long slow shower! You can place some bath salts at the bottom of the shower by the drain to release the scent and still have a delicious experience.
- Whichever you choose, enjoy it completely. Slow down. Allow yourself to relax and feel beautiful. I am obsessed with Spongelle from Beyond Cleansing (available online here and at select retailers, including my beloved Anthropologie) and use their delicious body wash buffer to enhance my experience. Not only does the buffer work amazingly, but their products smell FANTASTIC and leave you feeling delightfully refreshed from head to toe. (And leaves your bathroom smelling FANTABULOUS even after you are done! Oh so good!!!)
- When you’ve finished buffing and your bath or shower is getting cool, make sure you take time for your feetsies! I (again) use the Spongelle pedi buffer to help my poor toes out (you should see the way they look from all my running and yoga sometimes! Jeepers creepers!) and then follow an at-home pedicure. There’s no way you won’t feel lovely when you’re done! Don’t you just get a bit giddy when you look down and see cute toes? At least I sure do!!
I do this routine once a week. The actual variety may change. Last week I had kombucha and watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s while savoring a piece of dark chocolate and THEN took a bath. The week before I nixed the wine and read a book in the bath. The week before that I did both my toenails AND gave my fingernails some love. Find what works for you at any given moment.
The important thing is to slow down. To feel beautiful. To smell magnificent. And to provide some quality TLC to little ol’ you while also allowing yourself to feel feminine, girly, and just plain awesome.
Trust me, this method also makes for an amazing night’s sleep! Which in turn makes for a hugely successful morning and an even better following day!! Your boyfriend, friends, coworkers, etc. will also appreciate that you’ve take then time for YOU, as it will allow you to be more compassionate, more present, and have just a touch more ease throughout your entire day.
Go ahead, give it a try. You deserve a bit of luxury…without even having to leave your home! (But if you ask nicely, maybe a roommate or your boyfriend will leave a chocolate on the pillowcase for you before you go to bed!)